Everybody has their preferences. Some people simply have a taste for taller partners, while others’ preferences can go as far as eye colour. And some individuals love bald people.
Reboot has uncovered the hottest baldies among actors, athletes, musicians, and even royalty — they've stolen the hearts of millions of people around the world, but it’s time to find out who is the sexiest bald man, once and for all.
We’re rooted in science, so the data experts at Reboot got to work to identify the sexiest bald men according to the golden ratio.
We input a few photos of each celebrity into a computer vision algorithm, which was able to identify prominent features, otherwise known as facial “landmarks”. Ratios between the computed landmarks were then used to find the geometric golden ratio of each image. An approximation of the golden ratio for each celebrity was determined by averaging the ratios across all samples.
What’s a bald head without its shine?! As an SEO agency and digital PR agency, we’re obsessed with data. So, instead of just going off opinion alone, we wanted to see if we could calculate the relative luminance of each celebrity’s scalp to truly see which one had the best shine.
We did this by transforming images of each contender into the standard RGB spectrum. An inverse power curve was then applied before multiplying the RGB values by their respective coefficients (red: 0.2126, green: 0.152, blue: 0.0722). We were then left with a figure, measured in cd/m2, which showed just how shiny each celebrity’s head is. Clever, huh?
We couldn’t conduct a study into the sexiest bald men without seeing what the public has to say. Firstly, a seed list of notable bald celebrities was used to scrape over 2.45 million tweets dating from 2017 onwards. Tweets were required to contain either the official Twitter handle or a popular hashtag for each celebrity.
One-hot encoding was then applied to identify tweets containing words, as well as emojis (?,?,?,?,?, and ❤), synonymous with sexy.
We’re not satisfied with bald men who have the shiniest head, or the most scientifically perfect face, we want the whole package. So, we found out each celebrity’s height to round out our index.
To truly make this study comprehensive, we also included their net worth (from Celebrity Net Worth) as the final feature. We understand this isn’t important for everyone though, so this factor had a lower weighting when we were calculating their final sexy scores.
Crowned as the sexiest bald man is… Vin Diesel! The American actor, producer, director and screenwriter managed to achieve an impressive sexy score of 6.46 out of 10. Perhaps best known for his portrayals of Dominic Toretto in The Fast and the Furious franchise, this baldilocks managed to fend off competition from the likes of Stanley Tucci in second place and Shemar Moore in third.
Even royalty couldn’t compete for the top spots, as Prince William had to settle for fifth place and a score of 6.13 out of 10.
But now we know the top 10 sexiest bald men, let’s take a closer look at each of their scores.
The actor scored extremely well on all index factors, just cementing his sex appeal. Although his golden ratio score (69.3%) is not the highest out of the top 10, he makes up for it with his astonishing net worth ($225 million) and above-average height (5.9 feet). With these factors in mind (and a few others), he scored 6.46 out of 10 on the sexy scale.
Vin Diesel's head ranks third overall when it comes to shine factor, with a cranial luminance of 563.65 cd/m2 which is 70% as bright as a standard light bulb.
In second place is fan-favourite, Stanley Tucci, who is amazingly popular on Twitter. In fact, 17% of the tweets about Tucci are gushing about his looks, while 4.51% include a sexy emoji.
They know what they’re talking about too as his golden ratio proximity is 75.83%, second only to Jason Statham's 78.09%. Ultimately, Stanley Tucci scored 6.33 out of 10 for sexiness.
In third place, we have the S.W.A.T. and Criminal Minds actor, Shemar Moore, with a sexy score of 6.25. He’s the most popular out of the top 10 on Twitter, with 30.24% of all tweets mentioning him including some mention of sexiness.
Moore’s head is even shinier than Vin Diesel’s, with his scalp reflecting light at 71.85% of that of a standard light bulb.
Mr Worldwide, Mr 305, Pitbull, whatever you call him, there’s no getting away from the fact the American singer is sexy. The golden ratio confirms this, as the international star’s facial analysis reveals a score of 67.69% which explains how he comes in fourth place with a sexy score of 6.16.
Moreover, according to Twitter data, Pitbull is portrayed as attractive in 21.59% of tweets, second only to Shemar Moore at 30.24%.
Although Prince William was crowned the ‘world’s sexiest bald man’ back in 2021, he has since been dethroned. Not all is lost though, the Prince of Wales still comes in a respectable fifth place with a sexy score of 6.13 out of 10.
His score is primarily boosted by his grand net worth of 100 million and height. Prince William is the second tallest man in the study's top 10 finalists, after Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson.
Actor, Commonwealth Games athlete, and now the sixth sexiest bald man, Jason Statham really has it all. He’s the winner when it comes to the golden ratio, with a stunning accuracy of 78.09%. Pair this with his net worth of 90 million and you’re looking at a score of 5.96 out of 10.
You could call him a somewhat underrated beauty though, as only 9.55% of tweets about him mention his looks or include a cheeky emoji.
Bruce Willis is talented, charitable and undeniably bald… but now he can add scientifically sexy to his list of traits. A golden ratio accuracy percentage of 61.33, a net worth of 250 million and 11.25% of tweets about him mentioning his looks mean he has an overall sexy score of 4.75.
His shining head has a cranial luminance of almost 553 cd/m2 which makes his head reflect light at 69.11% of that of a standard light bulb.
The controversial UFC commentator-turned-podcaster Joe Rogan comes in eighth place with a score of 4.37 on the sexy scale.
He doesn’t seem to be the biggest hit on Twitter (for multiple reasons), with only 4.51% of tweets talking about him mentioning his looks, but has a reasonable golden ratio accuracy of 72.76%.
Falling just behind Joe Rogan is the iconic Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson with a sexy score of 3.62 out of 10. His net worth is the highest out of the other contenders, standing at an astounding 800 million.
If there’s one thing Dwayne doesn’t have to worry about, it’s his height—he’s the tallest celebrity in the top 10 at 1.74 metres (6 foot, 4 inches) which certainly helped his final score.
Former professional boxer, Mike Tyson, completes the list of sexiest bald men with a score of 2.5 out of a possible 10.
Although his net worth (10 million) and golden ratio (58%) scores are on the lower side compared to others, the 9.16% of tweets talking about his looks mean he manages to make it into the top 10.
This analysis is an update of the 2021 study of sexiest bald men, where our SEO company team achieved global coverage for Longevita Hair Transplant. This time, we’ve refined the methodology and added even more science behind the rankings.
1. Our link building agency team performed a multivariate study to identify the sexiest bald celebrity. The research utilises social media analytics consisting of over 2.45 million tweets along with an anthropometric analysis using computer vision algorithms to compute the geometric golden ratio proximity for each celebrity.
2. Firstly, a seed list of notable bald celebrities was used to scrape over 2.45 million tweets dating from 2017 onwards. Tweets were required to contain either the official Twitter handle or a popular hashtag for each celebrity.
3. One-hot encoding was subsequently applied to identify tweets containing words, as well as emojis, synonymous with sexy. The resulting dataset was aggregated to compute the percentage of all tweets containing sexual references as well as the average number of likes for those tweets.
4. Images required for the computation of the geometric golden ratio proximity for each celebrity were then collected. The inherent face variability from a multitude of confounding factors including varying expressions, illuminations and poses increase entropy within our model. The relative impact of such factors is controlled and mitigated through strict photo selection criteria ensuring a standardised sample of up to 3 images per person per year.
5. A computer vision algorithm was then used to identify facial landmarks of prominent facial features. Subsequently, ratios between the computed landmarks were then used to approximate the geometric golden ratio of each image. Each celebrity's golden ratio approximation was then determined as the average ratio across all samples for that celebrity.
6. The cranium luminance was then computed following the methodology described on Wikipedia’s page on relative luminance. The methodology was applied specifically to a cropped image of the celebrity’s head. Note: insufficient reflectance from Prince William’s cranium meant cranial luminance could not be computed.
7. The social media analytics along with golden ratio approximations and additional statistics such as height and net worth were used to create an index score out of 10.